Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Prezi!

I was at a summer teachers conference this year and someone did a presentation using Prezi.  It's a neat web-based presentation program that is a) easy to use and b) WAY more fun than powerpoint.  I'm sure powerpoint will hold its place in the realm of presentations for a while to come, but Prezi is fun, visually appealing and free for educators!  Well actually, it's free for most anyone, but educators get a more, shall we say, souped-up version with a few more features. 

I tried it out with my French 10 students the other day, and they were enthusiastic about it. One of the Prezi's biggest selling features for students is that you don't need to carry around a "nerd stick" when you want to present at school.  Just login to the site and your presentation is ready to go.  All this when I showed them my mediocre intro to our new unit in class; mediocre in that my prezi creating skills need some work.

Give it a try!  Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence... I just signed up for my teacher Prezi account today. I found this Prezi that has some good thoughts about using Prezis as teaching tools:

    http://prezi.com/rfsnedhqmhqa/thoughts-on-using-prezi-as-a-teaching-tool/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an interesting introduction to teaching using prezi, thanks for posting it. I was looking at another one talking about teaching math and how math is taught in a linear manner but is not necessarily a linear topic. So many interesting prezi examples to look through, both for ideas on teaching in general and for ideas on how to make prezis. Lots of practice ahead of me I think.

    ReplyDelete